Corsair Community

Max supported voltage for Corsair DDR2 TwinX 6400Pro

parish_d

Solving a stability problem on my system and it was suggested to up my Vdimm to 2.1V; currently at 1.9V. The BIOS has settings up to 2.5V, but I wanted to check on how high is safe/warrantied before raising it any more. I have 2 x 2Gb sets installed for a total of 4 Gbs.

System: Asus M2N32-SLI (BIOS 0706)/ Athlon X2 4600+, 2 Gb (2x1024) Corsair DDR2 TwinX 6400Pro, Asus EN7600GT Silent graphics card, 3 SATA and 4 PATA harddrives, FC5 completely up-to-date (installed on primary sata drive).

Thanks.

Daniel

2.1's the max warrantied voltage

Thanks wired, looks like I have some room to move. The system was stable at 1.9V to 4 mprimes running for 10 hrs at which point 1 failed with a probable hardware error. It's now been stable for ~5 hrs (again mprime x4) at 1.95V and I'm hoping for the best.

Daniel

Closing the loop, the system now appears to be stable with all 4 Gbs installed, running at timings of 800MHz-5-5-5-12-2T and DDR2 Vdimm=1.950.

The system survived 24 hours running 4 instances of mprime, each consuming 768M of memory. Off and on during this time I ran glxgears, a graphics-intensive xscreensaver, copied a large number of small and large files between various PATA and SATA drives, and played dvds, all without triggering a single error. Previously, with the same timings and Vdimm set to AUTO, the system was already stable to 2 complete passes of memtest86+, interestingly with legacy usb enabled in the bios, and several hours of high load stress testing via stress-0.18.8.

Daniel

You should be good to go but I would suggest a bigger PSU for the next upgrade!

Yeah, it's clearly the weakest point in my system right now and is actually next on my list. At least with my system stable I have time to research it thoroughly before taking the plunge.

Daniel

Archived