Corsair Community

Stiill waiting for RMA -- why so many days?

Wednesday afternoon west coast time I reported bad ram. Thursday I got a reply saying to test it again because I can't possibly have two bad sticks. Yeah, whatever, it's a pair so they are effectively both bad. Did it anyway after tearing apart a system that had memtest in bios (wouldn't boot an OS the ram was so bad, you know). So after 24 hours (Thursday) I get a "RMA request approved". Uh, huh? Request approved? What nonsense is this then? I want an RMA not a you are approved to get an RMA. So, another blown day. I even called the 888 number and Tina said something reaaaaal slowly about not being in (Er, okay). I left all the same info including case#, but never got a call back. Why even have a phone # if you aren't using it for what you claim (the webite, you see, says "4 hours" to get an RMA). So Friday rolls around. Nothing, and it's now been 48 hours. I email again, this time directly to somebody I suppose is at corsair. Nothing, so I do it again. Then I get this reply from Tina:

Hi,

Can you please tell me if the case number is 13578...1? 2? 3?

Regards,

Tina...

Okay, I have no idea what that means, but that's exactly what I was given as a case number:

Tech Support Express Case [13578] - RMA Approved

So, here it is now late Friday evening, nothing to show for all my time. So, maybe? Monday. That means out maybe? by Tuesday, which means I won't get this problem correctly for perhaps close to 12 to 14 days, perhaps longer. This is no way to run an RMA business. Crucial answers their phones if you want, or simply gives you an RMA from their website, RIGHT AWAY. What's going on?

Yes, I know, I will buy Crucial from now on, but you still need to fix your poor RMA system.

Based on the information you have provided, the best thing to do is send us your parts for replacement.

Submitting this form will generate an RMA Request to Corsair, and Customer Service will respond with an RMA Number, within 4 business hours.

Please provide the following information, then on the next screen a shipping label will be generated that you can use to return your parts.

-- or see the attached pic

Or, yes, I am still waiting for these "four hours". Right, Saturday now and I started this "4 hour cruise" Wednesday. Still no RMA and no Ginger. And the 4 hours bit doesn't even apply anymore. It has been more than 24. More than 48. No one seems to know what's going on there. Funny, really, but sad, too, because it wastes so much time. Just send me an RMA !

4hours_rma_right.png.7be46ac4b895acb4ae5c5566179115c9.png

FYI, it's been corrected where it says 4, and not 24, business hours. It was only in one place, and all emails going out from the system say 24 hours, so it was clearly a one-off typo.
It's not corrected, only changed - 24 hours is no more correct than 4 business hours (the wording makes it plain that the "plan" was for this new RMA system to work in 4 hours -- but it's not). To repeat, I started this (got that page that said 4 hours) Wednesday 1530 pacific time. Still waiting. And it's not a "one off" (goofy as that sounds unless you're an englishman?), I can see many with this SLOW RMA problem the past month. Does Corsair have a memory problem? I noticed the case numbers are moving about a 500 tickets a day. That's a lot for one person (Tina) to handle. And that's also 500 people seeing that a day that said "4 business hours" (15,000last I looked, if this count started a 0, and if this is a new system and that's sequential). Imagine what those people are thinking. The same as I am, I bet. Next time...well, there won't be a next time. Lesson learned. Ugh! Not nice!

It's not corrected, only changed - 24 hours is no more correct than 4 business hours (the wording makes it plain that the "plan" was for this new RMA system to work in 4 hours -- but it's not).
The Corsair website, this forum, and all of the emails from Corsair, state 24 hours. The 4 business hour was just a typo. It was the ONLY place that said it. I am simply stating that this typo has now been corrected, and thank you for pointing it out.

I noticed the case numbers are moving about a 500 tickets a day. That's a lot for one person (Tina) to handle.
She is not the only one in the Customer Service department to my knowledge, and 500 tickets does not mean 500 RMAs. Many tickets are closed by the end user due to them getting the answer they needed from its knowledgebase. Nor are all 500 memory related.

...The 4 business hour was just a typo. It was the ONLY place that said it. I am simply stating that this typo has now been corrected, and thank you for pointing it out.
Who typos 24 hours with "4 business hours"? That's typo'ing a concept (best laid plans...). Anyway, that's long past being the point. It's LONG PAST 24 hours. No RMA. I'm no better off today, Monday, than I was last week, Wednesday. See the point ? My dud corsair memory is right where I left them 5 days ago, waiting for this RMA. It's not just me, which makes me believe you have more RMA than you have people to handle it. This affects everyone badly. Why can't I just get an RMA ? Corsair has all the info it needs. It had that last week, Wednesday. From what else could it be that I don't have an RMA but that there are too many RMAs to be handled in the (claimed) promised time frame, but too many RMAs to handle in this (claimed) promised time frame ? So, now I'll hit at least two+ weeks with this problem, which I expected to take no more than 7 days.

Why is it RAM today goes bad so often? I've never heard of a CPU "going bad", or any chip-level component for that matter. Just memory.

YouHaveSlowRMA, I apologize for your experience. We at Corsair pride ourselves in our customer service and I assure you that your experience is not typical. We will get your case processed as soon as possible.

Also, the 4 hours was an error and has been corrected.

Thank you for your patience.

Archived