Corsair Community

M2N32-SLI Deluxe + CM2X1024-6400 not booting

Falc410

Hi,

I've purchased a new module CM2X1024-6400 and when I install it my PC just won't boot.

I usually have CM2X2048-6400 CL4 installed, so if I add the new bar it shows 3 GB, but when I restart the system the monitor doesn't come up and the PC Speaker just beeps twice again and again. I already cleared the CMOS, so it's not overclocked, everything was set to auto.

3 bars installed = shows 3 GB but as soon as I restart the PC it doesn't boot and the next time you power it on there is an error message that the previous POST failed

1 bar installed (only the the "faulty" one) = BIOS doesn't come up at all, not even a sound from the PC Speaker

I've tried this memory stick in 2 different mainboards as well, ASRock 775DUAL-VSTA and Asus P5NSLI but these 2 boards also don't boot! the monitor stays off as well as the PC speaker

I think the RAM bar might be broken, what do you think?

• Corsair Employees

First thing, ASRock 775DUAL-VSTA and Asus P5NSLI will not support DDR2-800 memory!

Second thing, you cannot mix memory with most MB's these days, I would try and reset the bios with just this module and make sure its not just because these are different part#'s. If the system will still not post, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived