Corsair Community

Partitioning

FergiSan

I want to create actual separate partitions on my 8GB Flash Voyager. The only option that TrueCrypt gives me is to encrypt the entire drive, or create file hosted containers as encrypted volumes.

I want to do neither, at least not initially

I want to create separate partitions (at least two) on my Flash Voyager, encrypt one, then create a hidden encrypted volume within the encrypted partition.

Any ideas as to how to do the initial partitioning of my device? WXP's disk manager won't let me do it. I don't have any third party software, like Partition Magic, and I'm not really sure that such a product would work, if I were to buy it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fergi

• 2 months later...

It might be frustrating, especially if you're used to partitioning actual devices, but he's right. I have found that the only way to partition the Voyager is to create a secure file. You can then create a hidden file, within that file. After using it for awhile, it's not as bad as I originally thought. You don't have to open one protected file, then open another hidden protected file. When you mount the protected file, whichever password you use, it will mount that file, either the simple protected one, or the hidden one, and yes, I've gone to calling them files, like True Crypt does, but it's actually more like a partition, just not like the partitions we're used to.

Overall, it's not the ideal system for partitioning, but it works.

• Corsair Employees
Linux will use High Searha File System, and I am sure this will be resolved but most likely its the Kernel Version they used to make the USB bootable. But just Make it bootable with Linux First before you try to do any thing with the remaining partition.

Archived