Corsair Community

DFI SLI-DR and Corsair XMS 1024

mipstien

I guess i just have basic question that probably has a million answers. I have a DFI SLI-DR mobo with Corsair XMS 1024 dual channel ram. i can run the ram when it is not in dual channel just fine with the standard settings, haven't tried to o/c them. When i put the ram in the Dual channel slots it works somewhat. i run linux and all my games all memory test and everything run fine when not in dual channel, but if i put it in dual channel and run memtest it gives errors. When i play games like world of warcraft, Neverwinter nights, warcraft3, half life 2, and others my computer immediatly reboots. with windows running i do not have these problems of shutting down but i do see a major performance drop as to see almost half of the frame rate on most games if not more. i do not know the bios version i have right now, i do know that the last time i updated was awhile ago and it would be close to the original release of the 'updated' memory combatibility. supposdly corsair should have been supported. I am not extremely worried about this problem because my computer does work without dual channel but i am sorta annoyed that it doesn't work like it is supposed to. I also didn't wanna go messing with the latency and such of my ram without someone that has had some experience with this. Also this ram does work in another computer which is a Gigabyte board.

i use to run windows and i was never able to narrow down the problem until i started having all this trouble with linux and games. then after trying it both ways (dual channel and not dual channel) in windows and linux i realize what had been happening all this time. Any help would be appreciated.

DFI SLI-DR

Corsair 1024 XMS dual channel

2x 6600GT nvidia

AMD 64 3500 Venice

2x Sata 320 gig HDD

450 Watt Enermax PSU

dram frequency set: By DRAM SPD value

Command Per Clock: Auto

CAS Latency Control: Auto

RAS# to CAS# delay: auto

Min RAS# active time: Auto

Row Precharge time: Auto

Row Cycle time: 07 bus clocks

row refresh cyc time: Auto

row to row delay: 02 bus clocks

write recovery time: 02 bus clocks

write to read delay: 02 bus clocks

read to write delay: 03 bus clocks

refresh period: 3120 cycles

Odd divisor correct: disable

DRAM bank interleave: enable

DQS skew control: auto

DQS skew value: 0

DRAM drive strength: auto

DRAM data drive strenght: auto

Max Async Latency: auto

Dram response time: fast

read preamble time: auto

idlecycle limit: 256 cycles

dynamic counter: disable

r/w queue bypass: 16x

bypass max: 07 x

32 byte granularity: disable(4 bursts)

currently it was set on 3.00v but my board (i think) only works with 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 3.0 etc etc . . . not with 75, i think if i put it on 2.7 it will be like 2.74 or 2.75

TWINX1024-3200XL Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: Asus P4C800/-E and/or Asus A7N8X

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz

SDRAM VDIMM: 2.75

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

i set my timings to match these, except for the bank interleave, which it seemed i only have an enable or disable on that. but the ram still isn't working .... but im not sure that is the correct settings for me? im still sorta confused.

Archived