Corsair Community

A8N-SLI Premium + TWINX1024-3200XLPT + ?

goofaille

Hi everybody.

I currently own an Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard with 2x512 TWNIX PC3200XLPT on it. I would like to add 2x512Mo more and was wondering which modules would fit on this configuration. The easiest way would be to add another 2x512 TWNIX PC3200XLPT, but for some reason I have a very hard time finding those.

I already tried with TWINX1024-3200C2 : didn't work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

(Please pardon my bad English, this is not my mother language.)

I have also a Asus A8N-SLI Premium but I have TwinX1024-3200C2 modules.

I want to upgrade to 2GB RAM now.

In the manual of the Board is written that I can only use 1 pair of these in the board.

Can I insert two Corsair CL2 DDRAM PC400 CMX512-3200C2 to get the 2Gigs or will there be problems.

I do no OC and in tests i figured out that the timings for me are not so interesting. That meens that fast timings do not speed up the appications I work with (And if they do, I dont recocnized it -> useless).

Greets

Braakin

• Corsair Employees

You can try and add to what you have, but I doubt the MB will be able to run at the tested settings, you may have to set the timings to Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8 Volts at DDR333 to make the system stable with four modules. I would suggest just replacing the modules you have now with one Twinx2048-3500LL for best performance!

If you do add to what you have now you would need to match the part# and revision of what you have now!

Archived