Corsair Community

Bad Ram Module! Help?

gcee

I have 2x512mb Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT ram sticks and one of them are not functioning. I have tested both ram sticks on 3 computer systems so I am quite confident in the conclusion that it is not functioning.

When running both modules on dual channel: computer system does not start up

when running them individually: 1 of them works, the other does not boot the systems.

What next?

If I send in the defective part for RMA will I receive another module from the same batch so I can run them dual? Would I be able to send in both sticks (even though 1 still works) to get 2 identical chips?

Thank you in advance.

Hey Ram Guy,

I filed for a RMA and got the RMA # however when I filled out the request I had typed in the quantity of 1 because that is the number of modules that are defective. Should I just send in both sticks or would I need to file for another RMA?

THanks.

• Corsair Employees

Yes and if you purchased a Twinx set you should submit the request for 1-Twinx1024-3200C2PT set of modules other wise if you submit the request for 2 CMX pasrt then thats what you would get back 2 single modules that may not match!

Please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and ask them to help you get the correct part number and quantity!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Ram Guy, should I be getting a tracking number for the replacement parts or will there be a notification as to when the shipment was made and when I should receive it? If so, via which communication medium? Thanks!

Replacement ram arrived in the mail today. Great service by Corsair and this board thus far!

I've tested the ram and they appear to be workin :D

havent had time to run memtest on them yet, but I will soon.

Is there a reason why the replacement ram does not come with the clips?

Also, I can't seem to find any information on the ram I got, is there a difference between the v1.5's I sent and the v5.4's I received?

Thanks

Archived