Corsair Community

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe - Newest Recommendations

alansimon

Hi,

I am a new member and am very inpressed with this site.

I have been running several Intel 850E chipset Gigabyte motherboards and am heavily invested in AGP video cards and PCI accessories, so I have decided to use the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard as an upgrade. I know that these questions have been asked in the past, but I am looking for up to date recommendations for available Corsair memory for this board, the best Intel 428 socket chip and memory/overclocking settings. I use these computers for mechanical design, digital photography and my son uses his for music mixing. I am looking for the fastest, most reliable system with this motherboard, Pentium 4 chip and Corsair memory, along with the best available bios/timing settings.

Thank you.

Alan Simon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Yes either of the modules you have listed will run in that MB and its one of the best over clockable I875 chipset MB's. But I would suggest using a 2.4C CPU if you want to run our XMS4400 modules in that chipset! And you can follow the link in my signature for the tested settings!

• Corsair Employees

Sure

the Intel CPPU's use the same Core for the CPU and 3.2 Ghz and 2.4 GHz are the same so the 2.4C will have more headroom than a 3.2 Ghz especially since the CPU's are loacked. A 3.4E CPU will use a slightly different Core but I still doubt it will over clock much past 220-230 Mhz and be stable.

Archived