Corsair Community

Did I make a mistake with CMX1024-3200C2PT

Wise87

Today I purchased 2 sticks of CMX1024-3200C2PT for my Asus A8V Deluxe. I ordered 2 sticks from NewEgg. After doing some research, (a little late on my part) I came across info referring to TWINX2048-3200C2PT and how this is basicly the same memory except it has been tested together as a pair. Since I ordered both sticks at the same time, will my chances be good that they will work together? I know I will have to check the numbers once I get them. Hope I’ll be ok.

P.S.

The only reason I didn’t order the Twain was, I was looking at the Corsair listings and it showed CMX for gaming systems and NewEgg wanted $299 for the TWINX2048-3200C2PT and only $275 for the 2 EA CMX1024-3200C2PT

Thanks

Dan

Ram Guy

Well, what I was afraid of happening, happened. :[pouts: Each stick had a different version number. One was a 2.1 and the other was a 2.2. I didn't even open them up. I put them back in the box and sent them back to Newegg. They will re-credit my account once they receive them. This time I ordered the TWINX2048-3200C2PT. This way I'm assured there a match. Thanks for the info earlier.

Dan

Archived