Corsair Community

Dead ram or PS

Grevenillvec

Here's my situation about a month or so ago i was playing WoW= world of warcraft and suddenly i had a game error, when i tried to restart all i got is more errors. So i restarted the computer giving it about 10 minutes between boot. As i started the computer all i got was a blue screen of doom. So first i checked maybe if the powersupply died or something but the voltage was fine. After switching around the ram in slots and achieving nothing i decided to reinstal windows and both in xp and vista i got a blue screen at the end of installation.

So i mailed in the motherboard thinking it was a issue got it back all reset and such and tried to boot it up again but i get the same problem when i try to reinstal windows. Tried 3 different hard drives, 1 of them was a brand new one. Graphic card was tested on my friends computer so thats not the issue. Newest BIOS is installed.

So now the only thing i think that can be the problem is the ram or the powersupply, who knows i may mest up testing it so i already issued a RMA with aspire. Just wondering if you could think of any other issues with the build i have. If not i will RMA the ram just to be safe so you guys can test it.

Specs for anyone else wondering or with same problem:

HD 250G|WD 7200 SATA2 16MB WD2500KS

CASE THERMALTAKE|VA8000BWS BLK RT

DVD BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S162L/BEBN, DVD-ROM SONY 16X DDU1615/B2s

PSU ASPIRE|ATX-AS600W-RD 600W RT

MB DFI LANPARTY UT CFX3200-DR 939

CPU AMD|A64 X2 3800+ 2.0G 939 1M R

MEM 1Gx2|CORSAIR Twinx2048-3200c2pt

VGA SAPPHIRE RX1900XT 512MB VIVO R

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios version for your MB and load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

ya i tested both of them and both of them have errors just one has signficantly less than the other one, plus i was inspecting the ram and the dye on both sticks at the bottom that goes in the slot is messed up, its like in some parts its gone or smuged (the gold dye) if that helps

Archived