Corsair Community

Computer Freezing

popeye00

I just built a new system with an ABIT NF-95 mobo and Corsair TWINX2048-3200c2 memory. The computer freezes when I try to load programs or try to open to many things at once. I am also using an AMD ATHLON 64 processor. I went to the Corsair site and plugged in the memory and my mobo isn't listed anywhere on there as being compatible with this type of RAM. Although it is being recognized as the correct amount and speed and everything in the BIOS. I am not sure if it might be a setting in the BIOS for this mobo or of my mobo just flat out doesn't support this memory. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. This is getting very aggrevating because I have built numerous systems and have never had any of them freeze up or anything. Please let me know if anyone knows any tricks of the trade to get this to work of if I just need to return this memory and get something that is specifically listed for this mobo.

It does this with just a fresh copy of windows with no other programs loaded. Just opening some of the windows components such as control panel or add remove programs and it freezes up. I talked to corsair and they said that the voltage on my ddr voltage needs to be 2.75 and it is at 2.55. Unfortunately with the Bios I have i can't change the voltage in the Bios. So I am buying some ram that has been tested with this motherboard from Kingston. They seem to be the only ones who have tested memory for this mobo. And it worked and the mobo tech support suggested that one. I will see if that fixes my freezes.

Archived