Corsair Community

1gb 133x SD and Palm TX

pokeyflash

I received a Cosair 1gb 133x SD card 6 days ago and it's been problematic.

The TX wont format it, I've been using a XP laptop. When I try to format it in the TX the system no longer reconizes the SD card.

Every few days files disappear, sometimes the entire contents of directories will vanish. I'm unable to delete one of these directories using the TX, getting an error and more problems. Another thing about the missing files is their space is still reported as used. When the above happens I stick the card in a XP laptop and run chkdsk from the Tools menu. After chkdsk runs I wind up with files named after the bad directories which can be deleted in windows allowing recovering the lost disk space.

I've formatted the card 3 times (twice-fat, once-fat32). All in all this is a bit tedious, any ideas what's wrong here?

Thanks,

Joe

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the replacement card (133x 1GB) for a month now and it has the same problems. But... it only has the problems when written to by the Palm TX. If I write using a PC/Mac and only read using the TX it seems fine. I've read of others using high speed cards (various brands) with the TX up to 150x but not this particular one. Could it be something about the Corsair design that makes it incompatible with the TX?

Thanks,

Joe

Everything is up to date. After formating in the TX I have to remove and reinsert it in order for it to be recognized. The first few files I wrote to it were ok but as I used it more the corruption began. A few files disappeared. Later I turned the TX on after being off a while and got a message about an unrecognized format and would I like to format the card. I said yes and was then told a card was not present.

I'm able to use a different brand card without problem, though it is much slower, so I don't think it's hardware related?

Joe

Just received the 60x replacement part. Inserted it in the TX and it wasn't recognized at all. Then I put it in my XP laptop's built in card reader and it was recognized so I formatted it 'fat' and tried the pda again.. Nothing, tried a soft reset then a warm reset but nothing seemed to work.

What next?

Thanks,

Joe

Archived