Corsair Community

2Gig Module for Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe?

welkinator

The title says it all. The configurator shows only 1 Gig or smaller modules (with TWINx kits being 2x 1Gig modules).

This board has four slots and is rated to handle 8Gig - we have a client (we're system builders) who wants the full 8Gigs of your best memory.

Thanks.

bwelkin

I really doubt that you will find them in the market yet as the 2 Gig modules would cost about 1000-1500 USD a piece right now. Does your customer want to spend 6000 USD for memory per system?

Not yet!!

But we are installing 4Gig at $558 so we're close.

But thanks. I also got a followup telephone call about this - you guyz are awsome!

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on a virtual pc project for a class and have to outfit my imaginary rig with the maximum amount of memory it will take. I've selected this motherboard and am having a hard time finding the full 8GB of ram that it supports. Is it possible to get all 8GB if money is no object? I need to provide links to document my "purchase" as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kel

If you are talking server memory, have a look here:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/servers.html

However, for desktop ( ie unbuffered non ECC memory) I am not actually seeing them for sale yet. Some less reputable vendors have them listed but they are out of stock. The prices are in excess of $700 per module and I have never actually seen one in existence. It's a bit like Bigfoot or Nessie, they advertise them but no one has actually ever seen it.

You may want to revise your project and use a server or server/work station MOBO.

Thanks so much for the reply. I think what I'm going to do is describe the issue I've run into and just get the largest amount of ram that is available currently for my motherboard. Seems to me a discussion of the differences between what's listed in specifications and what is actually currently possible to accomplish would probably be good for my class.

You could tell them that the MOBO spex seem to stay ahead of the financially feasible aspects of Moore's Law. MOBO spex are usually ahead of that somewhat and even though the MOBO can technically use it, it is not realistic to try to buy it. "IF" you have enough money, you can get 2gb unbuffered DIMMs from someone somewhere. But, who wants to pay $8000+ for memory in a $150 MOBO?:confused:

I wish I had the money to do it. I wouldn't do it but I still wish I had the money.

Archived