Corsair Community

Help required...

urban

Hey all....

I am experiencing some probs with a new system build, put all together, reached BIOS fine, everything seem to be detected and running fine even with everything on auto....

C2DE6600

Asus P5N32 SLi SE Deluxe

Corsair CM2X1024 (6400 5-5-512)

2 X 7900GTX

WD 320Gb sataII 16Mb cache

Toughpower 750W

As soon as i tried to instal WinXP the trouble started...page errors etc

So I took out all excess and left bare basics, got windows installed without a prob....put back in the second 7900gtx, restarted, all sweet...set up sli, no probs...

Put second XMS2-1024 module back in, went to BIOS with no probs, status was ok there and detected....exited BIOS to continue booting to windows and that is as far as it got.....

come up with corruption or missing files \system

took 1 module of ram back out and booted fine....

swapped ram modules to check if that one was the culprit.....nope, booted to windows without a prob....

tried the other back in as well....no go, swapped around the modules in the sockets...no go, will only boot with one module in full stop...

Any assistance with rectifying this very much appreciated...!

Urban

System will post with either modules, one up...

It has even posted with two modules, gets to the windows loading screen and then just restarts, a couple of times it has got to windows desktop and then froze....(that was with the higher voltage set)

I have tried adding cass timings manually at 5-5-5-12, with voltage varying from the corsair recommended of 1.9v through to 2.2v, with no real difference at all.

I have not run memtest or jwhatever it is, simply because I have not used it before, and need to read up more on it.

Anything else i can supply that will help?

Next on my list is to contact Asus australia and have a go at em....I have read through the forums of heaps of ppl having probs with this board and ram compats...on the packaging it even states this board is Corsair DD2 800MHz ready!

It was a fresh install on a brand new HDD...

I run memtest, and received the following, errors started from around 15 minutes of testing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/urbanfire/jasonf__memtest.gif

OK, I am not totally a newb, but have never had to lower ram before, and as such unsure how to...but can definately read :laughing: ...the retailer I bought the hardware from are sending by courier 5400 ram, so will be able to put that in and test also....as it could be the ram, I really should run the memtest on individual modules also....

I dont see why I should have to lower the spec of the ram though when Asus have stated on the packaging that the mobo is XMS2 DD2 ready, and also 800MHz....:evil:

Thanks for your assistance so far though mate, very much appreciated

• Corsair Employees
The chipset is officially rated at DDR-667 for memory, so if you are having a problem, I would suggest starting with the suggested settings and then you can try over clocking once you have a stable starting point and have updated the MB Bios!

Thanks for your help...

I had tried all BIOS updates one at a time, from shipped version, 4.01 and 5.01 with no success...(notTHAT much of a noob lol)

Set to 667MHz and all has been stable....memtest for only 4hrs with no prob, but ran Orthos Prime (dual core beta version) for 14hrs with no errors and all seeming stable, but doesnt fully stress ram

I just received about 20 minutes ago BIOS v5.02 from asus to try, havnt run any memtest or other stress tests as yet, but am now running on 800MHz and able to boot and load windows....so will post back the results

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated

Thanks for your help...

I had tried all BIOS updates one at a time, from shipped version, 4.01 and 5.01 with no success...(notTHAT much of a noob lol)

Set to 667MHz and all has been stable....memtest for only 4hrs with no prob, but ran Orthos Prime (dual core beta version) for 14hrs with no errors and all seeming stable, but doesnt fully stress ram

I just received about 20 minutes ago BIOS v5.02 from asus to try, havnt run any memtest or other stress tests as yet, but am now running on 800MHz and able to boot and load windows....so will post back the results

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated

Any chance you could send me the BIOS to try please..... anthonyl@bigpond.net.au appreciate it.

Archived