Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Series TWIN2X2048-8888C4DF !problems!

haloeighty8

Hey Ram Guy,

Question.. I just spent a grip of cash on these bad boys.. took me forever to find a set. So I get these installed in my p5w.. and I've been able to crank them up pretty high.. however when I run memtest I get tons of errors.. actually I've never seen memtest go nuts like that. needless to say I'm pretty dissapointed with this issue. Now I've got a aBit aw9d max sitting here as well... I'm tempted to yank out this p5w and give that board a shot. Or will it be in vain..

I would hope you guys are willing to cross ship.. on this ram if it needs to be rma'd. Due to the cost paid for it!. Need some help here.. Thanks.. or if anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions.

What frequency, timings, and voltage are you at when you get errors? I had two different P5W DH that I never got past 1050 on. P5B I have now does 1155 with the same modules. However I have heard that if you disable "Hyperpath 3" that I would have been able to OC farther. Something I didnt do when I had the boards. I would be interested to see how the AW9D MAX does though... :D:

Hi,

I'm currently running at 320x11 1281FSB @ 1.4v, FSB:DRAM 3:5. I have the mch and ich just stepped up a notch. And yes, I had to disable hyperpath to get to this point. Anything above what I currently have it set at.. is when the errors start. I can boot into windows at 3.6.. but it's not usable. I mean the ram is only at 534 right now.. there should be plenty of breathing room still in it.

What BIOS ver. are you using? I'm running 1305 and am at 10x420 with a FSB:DRAM ratio of 1:1. Currently RAM is at 840Mhz.

There are too many questions to ask you about your set-up. Look at this thread and see if you need to make some changes. The figures he uses aren't gospel, as I'm at 1.65v on the CPU voltage, 2.2 for the memory, and a few other differences, but it might be a start for you.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Core2Duo-Overclocking-Guide-v1-ftopict197995.html

Found a review. This review should be read by anyone thinking of pairing the pc-8888 with a 975X board.

Here is a quote from corsairs response (last page) to the review. "Finally, I wanted to point out that you are absoutely correct that 975X-based motherboards are simply unable to take advantage of the 1111MHz bus speed."

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6634&page=1

From investigation the better majority of 975X boards do not have a bios programmed with a 1333Mhz strap. This causes the northbridge to be unstable at high fsb.

965 boards like the P5B deluxe does move to a 1333Mhz strap.

Some advice on the P5W DH: It likes a mem ratio of 1:1. Just crank up the voltage on your ram and you can run it @ 3-3-3 till around 900MHZ. be happy with that unless you get yourself a P5B DLX

• 2 weeks later...

Archived