Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe Memory Issues!

slice_69

I have had this motherboard for about 3 years. I purchased it when they first came out. I have never ran any sorts of memory tests on it until today. I am getting hellacious errors from Dimm1 with the windows memory diagnostic.

This is my setup.

P4C800-E deluxe, 3.0ghz Prescott, 2 X Corsair XMS CMX512-3200LLPT configured by SPD, X800 Pro.

I swapped the modules and still..errors on Dimm1..pretty much everything that is written to it. Dimm3 - 0 errors.

But with memtest86 i get no errors.

Has anyone ever ran the Windows Mem Diag on this board?

Another thing...ever since I've had it I cant get this RAM to run at the latency its supposed to. It should be 2-3-2-6 but whenever i set it to that my display doesnt come up after reboot until i reboot it about 4 times then i get the overclocking failed. when nothing else is set to be overclocked and the turbo mode is off and the Performane accel. is off. I been beating my head against the wall because there seems to be no way to run at that latency.

Could the processor have nething to do with the bad memory allocation? Could it be the bios by chance? or maybe i just have a shotty mobo and I need to talk to my banker about purchasing another one...which I do not want to do..since they are more expensive now then when I bought it:mad:

Any comments or insight would be much appreciated!

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. And with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when you run http://www.memtest.org or any memory test or you might get errors that are not from the memory!

The issue is not the memory at all. I installed it in another system tested fine. I have pinpointed the problem to be my Promise Raid controllor. If i have any drives plugged into it I get errors all over Dimm1 every test. almost every address. I am gonna try disabling legacy usb maybe the mixture of the two screws things up. Kindof wondering if neone else has encountered this issue with this board or controller for that matter. I've been searching but cant seem to find nething. I can use the Intel controller and its fine...but i cant boot into either one of my OS's since the boot device has changed...so id have to reinstall...not really looking forward to that...so hopefully the legacy usb is the key.

BTW I did get my system to run with the bios settings set to 2-2-3-6-8 as they are layed out in the bios...not sure if it translates into 2-3-2-6..cant remember how the numbers are labeled:[pouts:

Archived