Corsair Community

4x VS512MB667D2 on a Asus P5N32SLI Deluxe

Yokom

I took your advice and with 2 gig of corsair ram (4x VS512MB667D2) on a Asus P5N32SLI Deluxe motherboard and it helped with stability but the system was still unstable at 2.1 volts on the mem voltage and it failed to boot with 2.2v.

The only way I could make the system stable was to remove 1 gig of memory and just run at default voltage settings. I might have been able to make the system run with the 2 gig of ram if i had lowered the mem clock but it wasnt worth the extra ram if the clock had to be lowered so I didnt mess with it.

There should be a way to get around this. After all corsair is a leading memory maker and Asus is the largest motherboard maker in the bussiness it would seem that they should play well. Im pretty pissed after all the work I had to do to get my new monster sli machine running.

I tested each stick of ram and all of them are fine and working well. This is clearly an issue of using over 1gig of corsair ram with the asus sli mother board. I have been running with 1 gig in the machine now and it runs fine.

Ram guy are you attempting to say that 2 gig should work at 675mhz?

Archived