Corsair Community

Broken Flash device, not sure if it is covered.

KClaisse

OK I bought a 2GB Flash Voyager fro newegg about a month or two ago and today I found that someone had bumped against it or something and broke tge end off of it (The part the plugs in). I don't know if this is covered though. Is there any hope of replacement?

EDIT:

Also, I tried to use the tsxpress service, but the website crashed and spit out a whole page of error to me.

Thanks for the heads up on the TSX error, I'll investigate.

Ramguy or Jackflash will be able to comment on the memory key RMA. I'm just the database guy. :D:

UPDATE - I just tested an RMA request for a flash part and didn't get an error, can you tell me what steps you took to encounter the error?

Thanks,

Mitch

OK I double checked and I still get the same error.

I am using firefox 1.5.0.7

My operating system is:

Fedora Core 5

Kernel version:

2.6.17-1.2187_FC5smp

Arch:

i686

And here is the whole page:

Server Error in '/' Application.
String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

Line 248:
Line 249:        sqlConn.Open()
Line 250:        sqlComm.ExecuteNonQuery()
Line 251:        sqlConn.Close()
Line 252:

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\flash_support_a.aspx.vb    Line: 250

Stack Trace:

[sqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.]
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857370
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734982
  System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
  System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +149
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +415
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135
  flash_support_a.UpdateCase() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\flash_support_a.aspx.vb:250
  flash_support_a.cmdSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\flash_support_a.aspx.vb:353
  System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

This error comes after submitting my information for an RMA (i.e. name, address, zip code, product, etc.)

Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived