Corsair Community

intel dg965ry and value select 512MB DDR2 667

huntingbear

Hello,

I have recentely bought an Intel dg965RY motherboard, outfitted it with a Pentium D 3.0GHz processor and stick of value select 512 MB DDR2 667 ram. However the system will not boot and I'm getting system timer errors. I have reseated the motherboard and made sure there were no shortages but I am still getting this error. After much research on the web I have found out that RAM could be an issue. Now Intel states I can only use 1.8 volts sticks on the boards however I have found on some websites stating that the Value Select RAM I bought is 1.9 volts. I can only see that this is the problem because I don't believe the motherboard is bad. Can anyone tell me what the voltage is on the Value Select RAM as I cannot find it on Corsair's site.

Thanks!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After doing more research today I have discovered that my 4 beep codes with the AMI beep codes could mean bad system timer or bad memory in slot one. So I'm going to go with a bad stick/wrong stick of memory bought and I bought another stick of memory from Newegg today. I will try that because I believe the motherboard is fine and I probably made a goof up or the stick is bad. Either way I'm going to sell the stick I bought on Ebay since there isn't another computer in the house that can use it.

• Corsair Employees
VS512MB667D2 should run great in that MB and would be what I would suggest! I would wait till you get the other module to be sure its not some other problem. But if the module is the problem we will be happy to replace it!

My new stick should be in tomorrow and I will try then and post the results.

I will have to say that Corsair is very giving in setting up refunds/replacements for potentially bad sticks quickly. Other places would fault you as making a mistake and not have a faulty part.

I got the new stick on Thursday, installed it and the computer works fine. It loaded and I was able to get to Windows.

I think that maybe the stick was bad because it wouldn't even post and shut itself off. The stick I bought was a Crucial 512 MB 667 MHz DDR2 unbuffered 1.8 volts non-EEC latency 5.

Archived