Corsair Community

HX620W Problem??? PLZ HELP!

StasisX

Just finished putting together a system: P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (WaterCooled), XFX Nvidia GX2 7950 1GB (WaterCooled), Raptor 10,000RPM 150GB (WaterCooled), Corsair HX620W Power Supply, Corsair 4x512MB (2GB) XMS2 800 memory, Sony DVD +- RW, CD-RW, Koolance 1036 Case (huge) and cooling system.

My problem is that when I go to power the computer on, the power seems to be cycling on and off constantly. I did the full pin 4 and pin 6 to fully prime and run the coolant system so it worked all of the air out and is flowing coolant very well (so not a heating issue). With the CD and DVD hooked up it will just turn on and off constantly and it almost sounds like the passive MB cooling fans are doing the same thing. I can't tell on the video card though as it has 0 fans now, along with the CPU. My video does NOT come on (but if its shutting on and off, that would be why).

If anyone knows if this is a power supply issue or what, PLEASE post up any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!

Well I changed the power supply, no fix. Unplugged everything minus the power switch lead and it still is causing issues :( looks like I need another MB unless someone has an idea as to what is going on. It looks like power is getting through some areas, but not others (along with the dvd drive and what not having its issues of cycling on and off every 5 seconds). Thanks everyone and if you have any ideas, please let me know!

I went through and checked the user manual and even though corsair recommends the TWIN2X1024A-6400 memory, it isn't in the Qualified Vendors List in the motherboard's user manual. Could this possibly be causing this error to happen? ASUS' website is about impossible to use for this as some things say "667/533 supported" and different areas say "800/667/533 supported" for the same board. The manual does not say it supports any 800 memory so I am prayin that is the fix instead of having to break everything back out. If anyone would like a video or anything of what is going on, I'd be more then happy to provide something if it will help. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
XM2S-6400 is compatible with this MB, but this chipset only officially supports DDR2-667 memory. You can use these modules with this MB, but you will have to over clock the MB to make them run at the memory's tested settings!

XM2S-6400 is compatible with this MB, but this chipset only officially supports DDR2-667 memory. You can use these modules with this MB, but you will have to over clock the MB to make them run at the memory's tested settings!

Thank you so much for your response! That is what I was starting to figure out as I read more into it. So for something like this it'd require a 667 type memory to get the computer operational and later add-in the 800mhz? Thank you again Ram Guy for your help! I am new to overclocking, I just love building computers for clients who do overclock/gaming stuff.

PS - Also would memory like this cause this type of event to happen? After finally turning everything down (fans and what not) it seems that the CPU/Harddrives/CD and DVD roms are all cycling on and off at the exact same "tempo" every 5 seconds, so I was curious if incorrect memory would cause this (so I can catch it next time). Thanks!

Archived