Corsair Community

Which modules to use in combination with old TWINX3200-LLPRO?

eXcel

Hi there,

I've got a pair of TWINX1024-3200LLPRO memory modules (2x512 MB) on my Asus P4G8X Deluxe, running in dual channel mode at 2-3-2-6.

Now I'd like to add another 1024 MB, but apparently 3200LLPRO is no longer available, as some Corsair guy already told me... (may I ask why? .. please don't tell me they sucked in some way, I already have to regret buying that P4G8X piece of crap!)

So, my question is: which kind of TWINX1024-3200 module will be most compatible with those two I already have?

I searched the forums, but could only find advice like "get a pair of 2048-3200whatever for a total of 2 GB and replace your old modules", which is exactly what i don't want to do - it's twice as expensive and I wouldn't have any use for my old modules (well, besides eBay, but that's another story).

I found TWINX1024-3200C2PRO running at 2-3-3-6, would these work if I just manually changed my old LLPRO modules' RAS precharge from 2 to 3 to match the new C2PRO ones? Most importantly, would everything still run in dual channel mode?

Thank you,

eXcel

• Corsair Employees
It would be best to match what you have now if you want to add to what you have both in part# and revision. And the IC we used to make these modules is no longer produced is why we stopped producing them. Sorry! I would look on EBay for someone who might have a set that match what you have now. Or if you plan on updating to a new system I would just wait and get new memory for a new system rather than trying to find or put money into this system.

Archived