Corsair Community

ASUS A7N8X-E DeLuxe and twinx 1024-3200 C2

giancarlo.napol

Hi, i'm a newbie in this forum, but i have a big trouble with my MB.

I changed a lot of RAM, finally i've buyed the Corsair Twinx 1024-3200 C2 because was compatible with Asus, but i have already many problems with:

Nero Vision Express, Nero Recode, DVD shrink, WinAVI video converter....

To riduce reboot frequency, i use the processor at low frequency (AMD 3000 XP reduced at 2700-2800, CPU frequency from 200 to 166 MHz with frequency multiple 12,5x or 12x), but this is no solution.

Please, help me!

Configuration:

AMD XP 3000

ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE

CORSAIR TWINX 1024-3200C2

ATI 9600

CPU ext. freq. 200 (or 166 MHz)

CPU Freq. mult. sett. menu

CPU freq.Mult. (10,5 or 12,5)

System performance USD

CPU interface optimal

Memory frequency 100% (or by SPD)

Resulting frequency 200 MHz

Memory Timing USD

sdram active precharge delay 6

" " RAS to CAS delay 3

" " RAS precharge delay 3

sdram CAS latency 2,5

First i would to thank for your replies, but few minutes after i wrote my thread, i've tryed a new timings configuration (on Corsair's booklet was wrote this memory working with ALL MB with 6-3-3-2), but this change has crashed my pc. At this moment i don't know if crash processor or MB, but if MB Asus is more working, what is the best processor?

I have an AMD 3000 XP (CPU FSB 333MHz), working (i hope ....) at 2,1 GHz:

if, on the contrary, Asus MB crashed, with this processor (and this memory), in your opinion, what is the best for HTPC use?

Many thanks

Giancarlo

PS: excuse for my bad language (i'm italian)

• Corsair Employees

Please use the ASUS Bios 1.013 or newer and then, please try these settings:

With the A7N8X-E with the modules in slots 2-3 and then reset or clear the bios and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually. Then please test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz

Memory timings: Manual

Would results in these settings

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Graphics Aperture Size is 128 MB

If you get errors please test the modules one at a time to make sure one is not failing. In addition, a few others have had some success disabling Spread Spectrum in the bios as well.

Excuse me if i profit by your availability, but after many problems with my mobo ASUS, i would be sure to buy a new mobo fully compatible with my RAM.

Absolutely necessary is only socket A 462 and spdif rca out.

The chip VIA KT-880 seems to be more compatible than nVIDIA, even if efficientless: i use my HTPC only as dvd player (TheaterTek, FFDShow) and tuner satellite tv (Hauppauge Nova PCI) for a LCD projector . The dual channel would be welcome, but not essential, i think.

What is your advice?

Many, many thanks

Giancarlo

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived