Corsair Community

Corsair CMX512-4400C25PT Gone Bad

monte1985

Hi . I am having some problems with my memory i have . I have been having problems with my computer restarting for no reason . My computer is not overclocked. I figured it was windows causing it so i reformatted my computer and still getting the same random restarts . No i am having a problem where my computer wont post or boot up . I reset my bios and unplugged everything from the motherboard and still no post . I pulled out one stick of my memory and now it will post . I pulled that stick out and put the other stick of memory in the same slot and now the computer wont post or boot again . So i would assume that stick of memory is bad . Also with the stick of memory that allows the computer to work is it still has random restarts . So is this something that will be covered by the warranty and can both sticks be replaced??? Also what will i have to do for an RMA then . The memory i have is Corsair Twinx CMX512-4400C25PT and i am running both sticks in dual channel mode.I also have purchased them from Newegg.com and do have the reciept. Please advise me on what needs to be done to get this taken care of . Thanks for your time and help!!

Stan

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi . I have a Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Rev 2.0 motherboard. Pentium 4 3.0c processor, This is not overclocked . FSB is at 200 mand i have the voltage for the memory at 2.9 volts and set to SPD in the bios . I have tried other bios and resting the motherboard and everything is the same . Like i said the computer will not boot with both sticks of memory in and when i take the one out it boots but i still get random restarts . And the computer will not boot if i put the one bad stick of memory in any of the slots . I have also gone throught the support part and do have a ticket number already . Just waiting to see if i am given a RMA number.

• Corsair Employees
That MB may not support these module because the modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts. And this MB will not over clock to the tested settings of these modules. I would try and set the memory voltage to +.2 Volts and then set the timings to Cas 2-3-3-6 manually and test the system with http://www.memtest.org to make sure its stable.

Archived