Corsair Community

Flash Voyger, asking to format

josephbalden

I have a flash voyger usb thumb drive, I guess my first question is there any warrenty on these? Second It seems to have failed, I was moving files from one computer to another in the same room (sneeker net). After working fine for at least one trip, I plugged it in and it no longer said CORSAIR as the drive name but just removeable drive. Then all the files inside did not show up. So I stopped the drive removed it and plugged it back in, same thing but this time the files came up with garbldy gook for the file names. Now everytime I plug it in it says its not formated and asks me if I want to format it, but it always fails. If this can be formated is there anythig special I need to do? Are there any other test I can run to see if its bad?

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived