Corsair Community

corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO dual channel problems

Mr Black

Hi everybody

i am having a problem getting my corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO ram to work properly in dual channel. This all started with a blue screen crash shortly after instalation whilst playing fear. I have ran windows memory diognostics and it has flagged up an error on the erand test at address 3feb1038 both dims have been tested seperatly and together in single channel for at least 12 hours each with no errors at all! does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Hi thanks for the reply

at the moment i am running with a single dim set at 216MHz ddr433 with 2-3-2-6 and a 1t command rate i have also run them both in a single channel setup with the same timings at a 2t command both test fine with no errors for at least 12 hours

in dual channel i have tryed ddr433 and ddr400 i have have raised the voltage to 2.65 and then 2.7 (whats the max these will take? i didnt want to raise it any more just in case) but still no joy i have not tryed changing the timings as this was the main reason i purchased this kit and would not be happy to run it slower than its rated

my cpu was overclocked at first with an fsb of 215MHz and a multiply of 14x i have restored this to the default settings but this has also made no difference

i have flashed to the latest bios version also making no diference

this is about the limit of my newbie knowledge so any ideas would be helpfull thanks

• Corsair Employees

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on http://www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation.

So please try and set the command rate to 2T and see if the system will pass http://www.memtest.org.

cpu operating speed

-external clock 200MHz

-multiplyer factor x13.0

-PCIE clock 100MHz

Voltage controls

-cpu core voltage 1.350v

-DDRsdram 2.70v

-DDR vtt voltage DDR/2

-Nforce4 voltage 1.50v

-hypertransport voltage 1.20v

DDR ref. voltage default

CPU ref. voltage default

DRAM timing selectable manual

-DRAM clock DDR433

-cas latency time 2.0

-row cycle time 11clocks

-row refesh cycle time 13clocks

-ras# to cas# delay 3clocks

-ras# to ras# delay 2clocks

-min. ras# active time 6clocks

-ras# precharge time 2clocks

-write recovery time 3clocks

-write to read delay 2 clocks

-read to write delay 3 clocks

-DRAM command 2t

-burst lenth 4 beats

-bank interleaving ENABLED

-read preamble value AUTO

-max. async latency value AUTO

-DRAM drive strenth NORMAL DRIVE

-bypass max 4

-IDLE cycle limit (ILD_LMT) 16 cycles

-dynamic IDEL cycle count ENABLED

-MTRR mapping mode CONTINUOUS

-32bit DRAM memory hole AUTO

ok i think this is everything please let me know if i have missed any thing and i will try and find it for you

cpu operating speed

-external clock 200MHz

-multiplyer factor x13.0

-PCIE clock 100MHz

Voltage controls

-cpu core voltage 1.350v

-DDRsdram 2.70v

-DDR vtt voltage DDR/2

-Nforce4 voltage 1.50v

-hypertransport voltage 1.20v

DDR ref. voltage default

CPU ref. voltage default

DRAM timing selectable manual

-DRAM clock DDR400

-cas latency time 2.0

-row cycle time 11clocks

-row refesh cycle time 13clocks

-ras# to cas# delay 3clocks

-ras# to ras# delay 2clocks

-min. ras# active time 6clocks

-ras# precharge time 2clocks

-write recovery time 3clocks

-write to read delay 2 clocks

-read to write delay 3 clocks

-DRAM command 2t

-burst lenth 4 beats

-bank interleaving ENABLED

-read preamble value AUTO

-max. async latency value AUTO

-DRAM drive strenth NORMAL DRIVE

-bypass max 4

-IDLE cycle limit (ILD_LMT) 16 cycles

-dynamic IDEL cycle count ENABLED

-MTRR mapping mode CONTINUOUS

-32bit DRAM memory hole AUTO

these are the exact settings i have at the moment! i have tested each module seperatly both at ddr400 and ddr433 with the above cpu settings and overclocked (fsb 215 x14) both dimms ran memtest for over 12hours with no errors at all!

dual channel i have tested them at ddr333 ddr400 ddr433 i have tryed with a 1t and 2t command with and without overclocked cpu, i have raised the voltage from the original of 2.6 to 2.8 and everything in between i have tryed setting the dimms by spd manual settings and automatically by the bios

and every combination of these that i can think of

i have flashed to the latest bios version updated chipset drivers and graphics drivers but nothing seems to even make even the slightest bit of this difference memtest flags errors after just 10% and does not stop! games suffer from random blue screen crashes, reboots and just poor performance in fact it performs better with just one module! windows will crash on the odd ocasion

i will be testing both modules in a freinds motherboard soon as i am pretty sure it is somthing to do with my board!

any ideas? maybe i have missed somthing in the bios?

• Corsair Employees
these are the exact settings i have at the moment! i have tested each module seperatly both at ddr400 and ddr433 with the above cpu settings and overclocked (fsb 215 x14) both dimms ran memtest for over 12hours with no errors at all!

OK then if they pass at these settings what exactly is the problem?

If you want to look at the power angle, I would try your idea with some added components removed. I'd try the system with only the CPU, memory, 1 video card, and then run Memtest. You can simply remove the power to all other components and see if that makes any difference.

FYI, you can go as high as 2.9v on the memory within warranty spex.

Mike.

ok i tried memtest with a bare system i ran cpu single graphics card hard drive water pump and only one fan it did not work! memtest still shows errors but it is alot more stable at 2.9v do you think my power supplie could be to blame or is it more likely to be the regulation modules on the motherboard? this power supply is only a couple of months old and does not seem to struggle with anything else???? im confused

If the situation improved with less system load then it very well could be a power related problem. But, I cannot say if it is the board or the PSU. Do you have a local computer shop competent to test the MOBO and/or the PSU? And, you would by chance have a cheap (ie less power hungry) PCI-X video card to test with would you?

Mike.

no i dont think i have a shop near me that could do that the only shop i have is pc world and they dont seem to have a clue! i will have a look around and see if i can find a good one. the only graphics card i have is my old agp! how would a shop test the board and psu?

Archived