Corsair Community

Faulty XMS3200C2PT TwinX???

rawmassiah

Came back from holiday and my PC wouldn't boot at all - BIOS either reports a checksum error and reboots or freezes (locks out keyboard etc). I went through a bunch of tests with DFI (mobo manufacturer) and they accepted it for RMA, but they can find no faults on the board and recommended that I RMA the memory sticks.

The problems persisted with a minimal setup - MB out of case with just graphics card, PS2 keyboard, one memory stick in DIMM2 slot, PSU and CPU + cooler. Swapping both sticks of memory etc.

System details:

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D (checked ok by DFI support)

AMD 64 X2 3800+

Corsair XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1Gb) matched pair

Hiper HPU-4B580 580W Type R PSU

eVGA 7900GT CO PCI-e Graphics Card

I'd appreciate it if you can let me know if you have a cleverer idea than the DFI support tech, or if you can confirm that I should RMA the corsair memory.

Regards

ps. It's been 5 weeks since I was on my PC - any help would be very welcome.

I put each module into a 2nd PC (as my PC doesn't reach boot up stage) one at a time and booted up Memtest-86 v3.2...

The first module immediately got thousands of errors in Memtest.

I put the 2nd module in (replaced the first) and got no errors at all.

I then put the first module back in (replaced the second) to confirm the Memtest errors and couldn't even get the PC to boot back into Memtest-86 from CD (similar problem to the original PC).

When I put the second module back in it boots fine and again, no errors in Memtest.

• Corsair Employees

First thing you need to be using http://www.memtest.org instead of http://www.memtest86.com.

Let's get them both replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived