Corsair Community

Tech Support Express Error

GeraldH

Receiving the following error when selecting TWINX2048-3200C2 from the dropdown list. Is there another way to request an RMA?

Edit1:

Running memtest shows errors in the 512.9 - 1023.9 range. Looks like a chip has stuck 1 bits; Err-Bits is 000c0000, 00080000, or 00040000.

Edit2:

Running memtest from 1024M - 2048M shows no errors. I'll probably remove one stick and just run 1GB to get the machine going again.

Edit3:

Removed suspected bad stick. Machine is running on a single 1GB stick now.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 121: Dim sqlComm As SqlCommand

Line 122:

Line 123: sqlComm = New SqlCommand("SELECT FK_RamID FROM vwCase WHERE PK_CaseID=" & Session("CaseID").ToString, sqlConn)

Line 124:

Line 125: sqlConn.Open()

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_tips.aspx.vb Line: 123

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

ram_support_tips_aspx.GetRamID() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_tips.aspx.vb:123

ram_support_tips_aspx.GetMemoryTypeID() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_tips.aspx.vb:109

ram_support_tips_aspx.BindRepeater() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_tips.aspx.vb:88

ram_support_tips_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_tips.aspx.vb:8

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

For documentation purposes, the memtest I did was run at 2.7v and at 3-3-3-8.

The memory had problems at 2-3-3-6 on memory intensive applications from the day I purchased it. Thus, I was running both sticks at 2.5-3-3-6 until the current one went bad.

Although the memtest was run at 3-3-3-8, I am currently back to running the one "good" stick at 2.5-3-3-6.

I tried to use the link in your sig which directed me to the TSX website. I'll try it again and see if I can get it to work.

Archived