Corsair Community

Crash problem

Squigi63

I have 2 CMX512-4400C25PT A8N-SLI Delux and AMD64 3400+

I computer has been randomly crashing for about 2 to 3 months. I thought it was windows then someone told me it was either RAM or GPU.

This is the error

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available? : No (see Next steps)

What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart

Cause : Unknown device driver

Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

I ran memtest and got nothing so i started to take out RAM to see what would happen. The first one worked for an hour than crashed the other lasted a 2 weeks before I decieded to RMA the other one, got it in and after 2 hours the computer crashed.(Side note I took off the clips on the side of the heatsinks cause I didn't think they were needed and lost them so I have one with and one without the clip, could this be the problem, I have tested and it doesn't matter which one is sitting in the computer it's only when both are in)

I decieded to clean the case out today when I noticed the my chipset fan was very clean so I took off the little protective metal shield and tried to spin it and it felt very stuck, later i tried to plug it in and it wouldn't spin. So now I have a computer that won't boot with 2 stick of RAM and a dead fan. I was mainly wondering if I can get some help.

I tried to typing this with both sticks of RAM but no luck and it crashed just as I was finished and I have an old XBOX chipset fan on top of mine. It seems to work but i have my case laying down.

I'm considering leaving the XBOX fan their but using a glue gun to hold it down because it's bigger, do you think it's good or should I get another fan and where because everywhere I go their like 3 bucks + 5 bucks shipping and i hate paying more for shipping and all the fans I read have crappy reviews.

And whats causing my computer to crash!!

Thank you to all who read this and please help

• Corsair Employees

These modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts, so if you have not set any of the settings manually that may be why its failing. I would try these settings after you load setup defaults and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure.

Advanced Chipset or CPU Configuration/DRAM Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 4

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.0T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

1T/2T Memory Timing: Auto or 2T

Hypertransport: Auto/Default

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.75/2.8 Volts

Please note you may have to Disable legacy USB in your bios setup when running http://www.memtest.org.

I did the memtest one passed 5 times the other 3 times before I thought it was enough and tried the settings. But I couldn't find these options:

Memclock Mode:

Bank Interleaving:

Burst Length:

Hypertransort:

Speed Spectrum:

I don't know if they are under different names so left everything else the same. Hopefully this will be stable.

Archived