Corsair Community

Bad 1 gig stick CM2X1024-6400

beatpete

I have 2 sticks of 1 gig PC2 6400 and one tests perfectly in Memtest and the other has lots of erroors in 4 of the tests. I tried the ram in two different motherboards at the suggested Corsair settings.How do I go about getting an RMA #?

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I tried in both an Intel DP965LT and Asus P5W DH Deluxe. In both caese timings were 5-5-5-15 and in the Intel I couldn't change the voltage but in the Asus I changed the voltage to 1.9. No overclocking whatsoever and in both cases the 1 good stick passed perfectly (in fact I'm using it as we speak). Also, in both cases the CPU is a Intel Core Duo E6600 with a FSB of 1066.

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts and see if the suspect module will pass if not then, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived