Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2 doesnt work on my 2 A7N8X's.

iduls

I bought this ram recently, and tried it on my Asus a7n8x-x AND my Deluxe version. (one has Nforce2 400 and other Ultra 400 chipset.)

The X version has an Athlon1800+XP in it and the Deluxe an Athlon3200+XP.

It gave me lockups in the first ten minutes. Memtest86 discovered 2681 errors in 3,5 hours while running BOTH modules on the deluxe version.

In the X version Memtest86 wouldnt even work with ONE module, and would not even boot when 2 modules were installed. Memtest simply failed to boot or crashed.

Testing in the X-version with 1 module and different software always resulted in lots of errors, except for the microsoft Memtest program.

Ive been testing for about 10 hours now, really tired of it. :mad:

Then I discovered my Mobo is NOT listed in this ram compatability list.

But then i see threads after searching this forum: when ramguy recommends this ram to a7n8x-(deluxe) owners.

Is my ram broke? Are my settings wrong? I have latest bioses from asus for both mobo's. I used Auto and By SPD setting, manually setting timings...... not stable ram so far.

• Corsair Employee

Please try these settings with the respective CPU's

1800+ A7N8X-X

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

3200+ A7N8X-D

Modules in Slots 2-3 andthe CPU_FSB Jumper pins 1-2 furthest away from the CPU if you have that jumper.

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Then test the systems with http://www.memtest.org to be sure they are stable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello thx for the fast reply.

I put the ram away for a while because i had enough of it :p:

But i tested your setting on the a7n8x-deluxe (which i want to use it on) today and so far i have not crashed for the past 45 minutes.

Im a bit scared to try the memtest progs again....... Ill just keep it like this for a day or two :p:

What does it mean when memtest crashed during chipset-ram identification and it shows: Nforce &&*(&*#&*^#@^%$%@$#^%#%@*#@*^ and then the program crashes?

Anyway, so far your settings seem to work, i will tell you about the memtest results when i try them.

Last question; i used memtest from a UltimateBootCD with all kind of tools. Latest version yes. That should be fine for running memtest right? (i have no floppy)

It worked perfect on my 2x 512 Corsair pc400 valueselect modules with memtest.

I even tried to overclock a little bit. I have very limited knowledge of that but the XMS ram should handle it!

The system is running stable at 210 Mhz now. Instead of 200, I didnt change any timings.

Any recommendations about the overclocking adventure i have commenced?

ABout tuning timings maybe if I want to go even higher? :confused: :D: :D:

Archived