Corsair Community

Utility program not working with 8GB Voyager

SunTzu

I formated my 8gb as FAT32. I now want to put it back to NTFS. Windows won't let me do that (only allows FAT32). I was hoping that I could do it with the utility program, but it does'nt seem to recognize the 8gb drive. Every time I run it, it doen't do anything (as if the drive is not there). Explorer sees it, and other that the utility it is working fine. I just want to format it to NTFS so that I can put files bigger that 4gb on it. Any help is appreciated.

I formated my 8gb as FAT32. I want to go back to NTFS so that I can use it with files > 4gb. Windows won't let me format it as anything but FAT32. I tried to use the utility program, but it does'nt seem to recognize the 8gb drive. It just doesn't run (no error msg or anything (not cool)). Other that that the drive is working fine. The system finds it and I can copy files to and from it fine. I just want to be able to use it for 6-8gb files. How can I get it back to NTFS?

• Corsair Employees
Our utility software will not see the 8 Gig flash drive, you would use windows to create the partitions you want. And I would not suggest using NTFS as the flash drive will only be readable in WinXP systems. Howver, if you want to try it anyway you have to change the profile under Device Manager to Optimize for performance then you can format it the drive with NTFS.

Archived