Corsair Community

memory help?

blue-dragon

ok i got Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS3 timings of 3-3-3-8 I'm currently running the memory at timings of 2.5-2-2-6 the ram runs ok but sometimes my pc just locks up for no reason even if i leave it idling. also i overclocked my cpu to 2.5ghz which it run's ok but i can only have my ram at 166mhz, if i set it to say a little higher in the bios so when i check cpuz it's about 203mhz and that's at normal timings of 3-3-3-8 i can play games gr8 a big difference in performance but it will crash a lock up very quickly, what i wanna no is why is it locking up at only 3-4mhz over it's 200mhz rated i mean it's not that much, also the voltage is set to high for the memory with these asrock boards i only get options for voltage like auto,normal,high

full system spec's

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 Dual-Core (Socket 939)

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

Asrock 939Dual-SATA2

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200PT TwinX (2x1GB)

Club 3d 6800gt agp fitted with zalman vf700-cu led

Western Digital WD2500KS Caviar SE16 250GB 7200RPM SATA2/300 16MB Cache

Antec TruePower II 550PGB 550W PSU

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived