Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 1GB DOA?

flj

Just bought off newegg, plugged it in and it didnt autodetect nor did the LED turn on. Checked all USB controller settings, checked BIOS, and tried to use it again. Nothing. Installed driver off minidisk and tried again. Nothing. Tried other USB ports. Nothing.

Running WinXP SP2 and have a VIA USB host controller (2.0).

Whats next?

[e] I am also very dissapointed that i have to register here. This forum should be public / have guest accounts.

• Corsair Employees

You only have to register to post on the forumm sorry but thats required from the forum. However as a Guest you can browse and search the forum posts.

Can you test the drive in another system? And did you download and install the latest driver for the USB controller from ViaTech.com?

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

My new (fresh unopened package, so i assume it’s new) Flash voyager arrived today. I plugged it in and, like with my first one, nothing happened. Tried all 6 USB ports, even the one my mouse is normally in, but it didn’t auto detect. I knew it couldn’t be another dead stick so i went to my neighbors and tried it in his computer as well as 3 different computers at school, but nothing happened. I tried the drivers and the TrueCrypt tool, neither found it. I didn’t find any way to manually add the device through windows. SanDisk 32mb stick still works fine. Drivers all up-to-date and I've tried adding it with daemon tools disabled, with NOD32 disabled, and even in safemode. Nothing...

Im not even going to try and RMA this again, and i guess I'll just consider the $23 is spent on it at a lesson learned (ie dont buy corsair. ever).

Archived