Corsair Community

Intel D101GgC and Pentium D 3.4Ghz

magic77

Hi I'vejust bought this new system and also a Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2P memory matched pair of 1024MB.

However its resulted in a very unstable system. I cant even install windows.

ANy recomendations on what memory configuration speeds I should use on a

The System is

Intenl D101Ggc

3.4GHz Intel Pentium D 945

580W Hiper HPU4K580 Black

Maxtor 80GB SATA Hard Drive

thanks

• Corsair Employees
Usually they have a setting called burn in mode that you have to enable to set the memory voltage, but if the MB you have does not have the option to set the memory you may not be able to run them at the tested settings.

thanks the supplier has this memory on sale it was meant to be the one sent to me instead they sent the silver cooler ones. Any ideas if this would be better the speed ratings seem quicker

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=5424&category_id=234&manufacturer_id=0

here is the picture

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/magicsystems/mem.jpg

also the bios lets me set the latency of the memory is it anything that would help this situation

thank I think in this case I'm gona throw the motherboard back at them and ask for a better one

got a choice of

Asus P5GPL-X SE

only other pci-exp and ddr ram mobo they sell

what would you recomend when I get the correct RAM

• Corsair Employees
I would suspect that you might have the same issue with that MB as well, it does not look like they have the voltage options in their bios as well. I would contact the MB maker and ask them if the memory voltage is an option in the Bios vefore you purchase the MB.

my thoughts as well

I'm going to call the supplier tommorow and demand they return my money for the mobo, CPU and RAM

I've found a supplier that does bundles of CPU,MOBO, RAM so should have better chance to work out of the box

thanks for all you help

Archived