Corsair Community

Bad mem, need replacement

Gorbash

I have a 1G stick of ram from my server that has stopped working, I would like to have it replaced.

When it is the only ram in the system, it will not boot, when another stick is added and mem test is run, it shows as bad memory, no specific errors beyond non-functional. This was tested in a seperate systems with simmilar hardware setup, both had identical responces. No boot when alone, non functonal when mem test is run.

The statistics and numbering on the sticker attached to the heat sink are as follows:

CMX1024-3200C2

XMS3200

1024MB

400 MHZ

CL2

xms3202v2.2

0604276-1

My hardware for the system this ram was in is as follows:

MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard

AMD athelon 3200 processor 2.1 Ghz

Nvidia Geforce 6600 256mb PCI express DDR2 video card

Maxtor D740X-6L 40GB hard drive

Gigabit network adapter model: EG1032

Antec model: SP-400 SMARTPOWER powersupply 400W

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

The settings were already manually set according to the specs recommended, in fact, we have a second stick of identical memory module in place in the system and it works fine, but when this one is placed in the system by itself, no other changes made, the system does not boot.

I had already used memtest.com as the second test I ran on both systems.

I will go on to submit a request for an RMA now.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived