Corsair Community

CMFUSB2.0 - 2GB Flash Voyager USB connector broken

corbik

Dear Ram Guy,

In June 2006, I purchased 2 2GB Flash Voyager Drives for my sons to use for school, from Newegg. The USB connectors seemed to be a bit loose, but we thought that was the way they were supposed to be as both of them were the same. My one son received his on June 23 and it lasted about 2 months before the USB connector broke off, my other son did not use his until a few weeks ago and the first time he used it the USB connector broke on his too. I purchased the Flash Voyager after doing extensive research on which ones would hold up better for the price and yours was far above the others. It seemed to be indestructible. However, after purchasing 2 of them and both of them breaking the exact same way, I am wondering if they are as good as they are advertised and reviewed. Both of my sons have other brands and they are still in good shape after a year of constant use, they are just not large enough. Could you please let me know what I need to do to get an RMA to return these and either have them replaced or get my money back. Thanks.

Thanks Ram Guy! Do I need to request a separate request for each Voyager flash drive? When I started filling in the information, it did not ask the quantity of the item. I just want to make sure I receive an rma for both of them so they can both be replaced. Please advise, thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I think there is some type of engineering problem to look at. I searched for CMFUSB2.0 on the threads and every post I found is the same problem. We purchased this product for use at our work because of it being so much faster then other flash drives, but our one tech has had the USB connector snap twice, and mine has finally stopped working as well. When you take a circuit board and solder a usb connector on it, you wouldn't want that to bend, so to wrap it in soft rubber is probably not the best idea.

Like I said it's a nice product, and is very fast, but unless they do a redesign on it I don't think I would trust to use it for data backups.

Archived