Corsair Community

Replacing faulty DDR with DDR2?

Wam7

I have 2 questions;

1) I have a 2 sticks of 1GB XMS 3500LL Pro TwinX, I stick has stopped working (machine doesn't even boot with it). Can I get them replaced with the equivalently priced sticks of DDR2?

2) They were purchased from Overclockers.co.uk. The informed me that it would take them 28 days to replace them due to a new policy they have with Corsair and it's quicker to send them back to Corsair direct. Is this true?

• Corsair Employees
1) I have a 2 sticks of 1GB XMS 3500LL Pro TwinX, I stick has stopped working (machine doesn't even boot with it). Can I get them replaced with the equivalently priced sticks of DDR2?
A: The MB you have will not support DDR2! But I would have to ask you to contact our customer service about that question, for me the answer would be no but I do not process RMA's. warranty@corsairmemory.com or 888-222-4346!

2) They were purchased from Overclockers.co.uk. The informed me that it would take them 28 days to replace them due to a new policy they have with Corsair and it's quicker to send them back to Corsair direct. Is this true?
A: I cannot comment about another company’s policy or procedure. However, I am sure if you do the RMA direct it should not take 28 days. Average is about 5-7 Business days depending on how you ship them.

I called Corsair and they said they would replace with the equivalent DDR2, just wondering what IC's are on the current available XMS2-6400C4 PRO TwinX? If 4.1 is the latest available then they are Infineon AENEON but I prefer D9 Micron, are these still shipping?

Archived