Corsair Community

Bad - TwinX2048-3200C2PT

mrbrock72

Hello-

I have had this pair of memory modules for about 6 months. They had been working just fine until recently. Now my pc will usually just keep rebooting with these modules in. Sometimes if it does make it to windows I will get checksum errors or applications will close immediately or I will get a bluescreen error.

Part # CMX 1024-3200c2pt

200mhz 2336 2.6

Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 2.00

I have an older set of Twinx512-2700LLPT that works just fine in the same computer without any problems at all.

I ran the memtest on the CMX 1024-3200c2pt for about 3 hours with only a 40% pass rate.

Out of curiousity I also ran the memtest on the 256 meg modules and they had 100% pass rate.

I believe these modules need to be replaced.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Brock

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have (Cas 2.5-3-3-6 with this platform), and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Ok, I verified that I do have the latest bios - 1008.

Loaded setup defaults, voltage to 2.8 and timings to 2.5-3-3-6 and disabled legacy usb.

I ran the memtest86 on each module individually. The first module test failed constantly. - BAD module

The second module tested fine without any failures - OK module.

I will submit an RMA form online.

Thanks!

Brock:biggrin:

Archived