Corsair Community

Got 1 Bad ram stick

winslm

Hi,

I believe that one of the ram sticks I purchased is bad (Twin2x2048-6400). I ran windows memory check and had failures from several tests at one specific address. I have repeated the test several times in different motherboard banks. When I run with only one memory stick it works well. However, when I put in the other stick it fails.

I purchased the memory several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I was not able to install it until this past weekend. This has resulted in the retailer refusing to take it back for an exchange. I therefore will need an RMA.

Thank you,

Mark P. Winslow, Ph.D.

Everything is set to auto. The bois reads 800 MHz ram and the correct CPU. I didn't do any overclocking. I also updated the motherboard bois and nothing changed.

I reread my first post and it wasn't clear. When I only have the bad stick in I get failure. When I only have the good one in it passes. When I have both in it fails.

If you need more specifics I will have to wait until I get home from work tonight and copy the information.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived