Corsair Community

Corsair and ******** compatibility ?

Trillock

Currently running 2 x 512MB ******** PC3200 Platinum rev 2 dual channel sticks running 2.2.2.5.

I fancy upgrading to give myself 2GB of memory.

The Plat rev 2 stuff seems difficult to find now, so am wondering on getting some Corsair that will play happily.

Do I get 2 x 512MB or one stick of 1GB, and what would be suitable ?

It is for Abit Fatal1ty AN8 Ultra (single pci-e slot), X2 4400+ with XP Pro.

Oh, and my shiny new Corsair HX620 should turn up tomorrow.......:D:

Ummmm....for some reason Oh Cee Zed gets blanked out............

Currently running 2 x 512MB ******** PC3200 Platinum rev 2 dual channel sticks running 2.2.2.5.

I fancy upgrading to give myself 2GB of memory.

The Plat rev 2 stuff seems difficult to find now, so am wondering on getting some Corsair that will play happily.

Do I get 2 x 512MB or one stick of 1GB, and what would be suitable ?

It is for Abit Fatal1ty AN8 Ultra (single pci-e slot), X2 4400+ with XP Pro.

Oh, and my shiny new Corsair HX620 should turn up tomorrow.......:D:

Ummmm....for some reason ******** gets blanked out............

The problem is that you will not find anything new that's compatible with your existing 2-2-2-5 modules. That's because the IC chips used to make those modules are no longer in production. :(:

Also, with this platform (or any other platform with a dual-channel memory controller and four DIMM slots) you should not operate your system with three DIMMs installed (leaving only one DIMM slot empty). Your system will likely suffer major stability issues or refuse to POST at all - and even if it does work, you will be forced into single-channel mode at DDR333 or even DDR200 speed, and a 2T command rate.

And that's just to add to the RAM GUY's recommendation to avoid mixing different memory modules in the same system.

Archived