Corsair Community

ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe - best Corsair mem to use?

Ic3DOG

Greetings Ram guy,

I will be buying an ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe mobo based on the Intel 975X chipset and installing an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 CPU.

Just wondering what the best choice of Corsair Memory is? I was thinking about the Corsair 6400 C4 2gig TwinX which is in my price range, trouble is that I have no idea if it is on the Asus compatibility list? And whether this is the best choice for outright performance.

Thanks

Gary

XM2S-6400C4 would be a great choice for that MB!

Im also interrested in the same configuration. But after reading some of the forum here im unsure about this choice.

I like to have a plug & play system...so i like to have all settings to default! As i read in this forum, it seems that for this MB "ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe" the default DDR2 frequency will be 667 MHz.

Is this correct? And what exacly must be done to set this configuration to DDR2 800 MHz.

I understand best thing to do first is update BIOS. Then manually set DDR2 settings in BIOS to 800 MHz. Do i need to adjust more settings?

Next: what latencies can i expect?

TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO:

- Tested at the latencies of (4-4-4-12) at 2.1V

- SPD programmed at DDR2-800 5-5-5-18 values

- EPP standard 4-4-4-12-2T, 2.1V values at 800MHz

I understand EPP is only supported for AMD? is this correct? does this mean an Intel Duo Core processor will get 5-5-5-18 values?

I really like to know before spending my hard earned money :laughing:

Thx a Lot!

Archived