Corsair Community

RMA from UK?

pixist

Hi,

I have a matched pair (2x512) of PC-6400 XMS2 which fail memtest and any other test consistently quickly. They seem to work generally but I have had a few odd crashes. I have only had them a few weeks. I want to RMA them but not back to the company I bought them from since they will only issue a refund and I will then have to buy again but the price has gone up considerably. It would be cheaper and probably quicker for me to RMA them to Corsair USA. Is it okay to do this?

I have tried various timings. CPUZ says the SPD says 5-5-5-18 but the heat spreader states 5-5-5-12, I tried both and 5-5-5-15. All at the default frequency of 800MHz. I have tried various memory voltages up to 2.1v. Trying the sticks separately, I have found that it is one stick which is faulty.

My CPU is an E6300 and all these errors occur at the default 1866MHz. My motherboard is a Gigabyte DS3 with latest F5 BIOS. Graphics an ATi X1900XT. PSU Enermax 475watt Noisetaker.

BTW since only one stick is faulty, could I send only it for replacement? I know it is a matched pair but any other stick which matches the returned one would match the good one.

• Corsair Employees
For this part# the SPD will be set to JEDEC defined values for the IC used to make that specific part and the tested settings would need to be manually set! And yes let's get them both replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived