Corsair Community

I do´t Know what memory Choose, pease help me fast

oscar_anth

Hello

I´m Making my first PC and I need help to select the right memory to it, my system is:

OS: Windows XP professional ( Should I change to 64 bits edition?)

Precessor: Intel Pentium D945 (3.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2x2 MB L2 Cache)

MB: Asus P5WD2 Premium

HD: WESTERN DIGITAL RAPTOR 74 GB SATA 10.000 RPM

Optical : LG DVDRW 16x GSA-H10A oem

Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2-430W

Video card: I haven´t buy the video card already

I work with these programs:

- Solidworks 2006

-Autocad 2006

-Algor FEA 2003

-Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

- emule & Bitcomet

So I need excellent performance especially with Solidworks, and at the same time I need to be able to use Autocad, the web browser and some P2P, and obviously listen music, I have plained to buy 2 GB of Corsair 1GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Pro, but i wanted to ask first, my MB manual says it upports 8 Gb of DDR2 Native 800 Mhz, so Should I buy these or you recomend other Corsair Memory?

The Video Card it´s not defined yet, but I want to buy some of 512 Mb, I Hope an Nvdia Quadro FX 450

PLease answer soon

Hello

I´m Making my first PC and I need help to select the right memory to it, my system is:

OS: Windows XP professional ( Should I change to 64 bits edition?)

Precessor: Intel Pentium D945 (3.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2x2 MB L2 Cache)

MB: Asus P5WD2 Premium

HD: WESTERN DIGITAL RAPTOR 74 GB SATA 10.000 RPM

Optical : LG DVDRW 16x GSA-H10A oem

Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2-430W

Video card: I haven´t buy the video card already

I work with these programs:

- Solidworks 2006

-Autocad 2006

-Algor FEA 2003

-Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

- emule & Bitcomet

So I need excellent performance especially with Solidworks, and at the same time I need to be able to use Autocad, the web browser and some P2P, and obviously listen music, I have plained to buy 2 GB of Corsair 1GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Pro, but i wanted to ask first, my MB manual says it upports 8 Gb of DDR2 Native 800 Mhz, so Should I buy these or you recomend other Corsair Memory?

The Video Card it´s not defined yet, but I want to buy some of 512 Mb, I Hope an Nvdia Quadro FX 450

PLease answer soon

Unfortunately, due to the limitation of the Intel chipsets' memory controller, you will only be able to use DDR2-667 memory with an 800MHz FSB CPU. You will need a CPU with a 1.06GHz FSB in order to run DDR2-800 memory at its rated clockspeed.

Archived