Corsair Community

DFI nF4 SLI-DR expert & Corsair

Know Name PC

I have a DFI nF4 SLI-DR motherboard and two Corsair CMX512-4400C25 sticks. This is a gaming system and this is suppose to be high performance memory etc... Anyway I can not load windows setup using this memory. I replace it with some cheap Geil Dual channel’s DDR400 memory and the system works fine. I have tried many different memory settings and no go blue screens every time.

Again, the system will not boot into windows and will not install windows either. Doesn't matter if it's in dual channel or I use one stick this motherboard just doesn't like this memory. The memory tests just fine using the onboard memory tester x86 or something like that. I believe this memory is bad, but it is a requirement to come here and state your business to get a RMA.

If there is not some setting trick in the bios this memory is bad.

I have not tried any overclocking on the memory or CPU. This computer was brought into my shop a DIY'er couldn't get the system to work and broke down and took it to a professional to have it fixed. I have the system stable just not with the memory he brought in. But, it tests fine every time. I really just need an RMA or someone to say this is what you have to do to make it work with this board. But I'm leaning towards an RMA. Thanks

• Corsair Employee

OK NP! And here are the settings I would use for reference with this MB.

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB (download the Beta version) and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 or Twinx1024-3200Xl

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 2:1 or 400MHz or 200 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command per Clock: Enabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

And leave the rest at AUTO setting

Genie BIOS

FSB BUS Frequency: 200

LDT/FSB Frequency ratio: 5X

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency ratio: Auto

PCI Ex: 100

K8 cool N’ quiet: Disable

CPU VID Start Up Value: 1.55

CPU VID Control: 1.55

CPU VID Special Control: Auto

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.6

DRAM Voltage Control: 2.8

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the

Archived