Corsair Community

Asrock 775i65G and CL2.5 RAM...

falkenhagen

Hi everyone... recently I got a new motherboard (Asrock 775i65G) and a proccesor (Intel Core 2 Duo E6300) as a gift from a costumer.

Right now I need to buy RAM for this new system and when I check my motherboard's documentation, it says:

"**FSB1066-CPU is supported only when you install AGP VGA card into AGP slot. Besides, if you use a FSB1066-CPU on this motherboard, please adopt a DDR400 CL2.5 memory module."

I live in Venezuela, and there are not many options here when trying to buy memory. Some retailer sells Corsair Memory, identified as VS1GB400 (I do not know if it is VS1GB400C3 or not).

I do not know anything about RAM, but I would like to get as much performance from this system as I can. I am planning on buying 2 1GB modules. Anyone can help me? Will that particular RAM work with my motherboard and the 1066 Mhz System Bus?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

• 7 months later...

hello RAM Guy,

can you be a little more precise about this compatibility with the Asrock 775i65G and the setting to be change in the BIOS.

The voltage from the board is 2.7 , is it needed to be changed ? (high in bios ?)

In standard the board get the timing from SPD, is it OK with the TWINX memory board ?

I have this board and would like to go to 2X1GO with my core 2 duo, and as explain in the documentation it request to have 2.5 CL with the 1066 FSB.

thanks in advance ( I would like to be sure before ordering thru mail order ).

• Corsair Employee

You would need to ask ASROck about what's in their user manual, as I have not tested their MB personally.

But you can follow the link in my signature for the tested settings and use them as reference when you setup your Bios. If you get stuck just call us when you are in front of your system.

Archived