Corsair Community

Help! MR. RamGuy

Glenwood

Specs:

Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE

AMD 4600 X2

Corsair XMS2 TwinX1024-6400c4 (4 4 4 12 2)

EVGA 7900GT KO

NEC 16x DVDr/w

550watt Sunbeam Tech PSU

I have ran the ram thru memtest for about 5 hours no errors if I need to run it longer please let me know.

Problem:

I recieve these errors (Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal or Bad_pool_header) of course with the BSOD. I have racked my brain trying to figure it out. as a Test I uninstalled the ASUS wifi drivers, because my problems started after the install and everything is running solid. However I contacted Asus with the same information I am providing you, and they tell me it is a memory problem. So I am here seeking Assistance from the all Knowing RAM GUY!

If you need more information I would be happy to get it also.

• Corsair Employees
What is the complete system configuration and what is the make and model of your PSU. And if you have any PCI cards installed I would remove them and see if the errors go away. In addition, where durring the install did you start to get this message?

Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE

AMD 4600 X2

Corsair XMS2 TwinX1024-6400c4 (4 4 4 12 2) 2.1v

EVGA 7900GT KO

NEC 16x DVDr/w

550watt Sunbeam Tech PSU

Power Supply Info:

Sunbeam NUUO SUNNU550-US-SV ATX12V/ EPS12V 550W Power Supply

Dual +12V: Yes

Efficiency: > 72% at full and typical loads; >62% at light load

Fans: 2

Hold-up Time: 16ms min.

Main Connector: 20+4-Pin

Modular Cabling Support: Yes

Over Voltage Protection: YES

PFC: PF Value 0.95 ~ 0.99

Power Good Signal: 100-500ms

SLI Support: NVIDIA SLI Certified

Model #: SUNNU550-US-SV

No cards installed except the Video Card. And of course that built on wifi card.

The errors start everytime I install the wifi drivers if I unistall them the machine runs rock solid. Which is why I thought it was odd Asus would say it was a RAM issue.

Bios is up to date with what Asus has out.

The weekend is fastly approaching I will run those tests this weekend and will let you know what I find on Monday.

BTW Mr. RamGuy All the Geek Guys here at U.P. are treating me like I have been blessed by the golden one having you help me with this issue. Now if I could only get ahold of Mr. Gates.....

Well I ran the memtest on each stick in each socket with no errors. But as soon as I get into windows I get random BSOD still.

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I have removed the MOBO from the case and booted up while it sat on a phone book to check for grounding issues. Still getting the BSOD.

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I have RMA'd the Board going to give it a 2nd shot.

Asus is insisting its the ram not the board, bios, drivers. Is there a diffrent set of dimms I should buy, or more recommened I could try out on this board?

Currently using

TWIN2X1024-6400C4

I want to try to up the voltage on my memory but scared I will void my warranty. Currently I am running at 2.1 but this asus thread is saying the board is having issues with providing the voltage you have selected.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060619221234829&board_id=1&model=M2N-SLI+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

If I bump the voltage up on my ram from 2.1 to 2.2 to see if it stablizes, should I worry about frying my sticks?

• Corsair Employees

What Bios version do you have installed? And I would try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.1 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 667/333Mhz

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

Command Rate: 2T/Auto

Legacy USB: Disabled

All other settings at Bios default or Auto

I did as you requested still having problems. I am going to send this board abck to newegg later this week. Once again I uninstalled teh wifi and everythign is running smooth. Maybe its just a bad board I will find out in about a week.

Thanks for your help. I will be back if the new one gives me errors. Slowly I will narrow the problem down.

Yeah I have talked to Asus they are of no help and this will be the last board I buy from them.

However the machine crashed again with the wifi installed last night. Using a Diffrent Video card now also so I know its not that either. So I am starting to think its the ram. I think I will just buy some diffrent dimms than the ones I currently have.

I am going to try and set it up at 667mhz as you suggested in a previous post but my patience is running thin.

Archived