Corsair Community

Bad Memory Stick

sandrock03

Hi, I purchased the CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit System from newegg.com on June 19, 2006. I installed then and they were working fine until a day ago. I tried to start up my computer and I kept getting a blue screen with an error. I apologize for not remembering the exact error. I used my other computer and looked up the error on the internet and found out that it was related to my memory.

I pulled both sticks of the Corsair memory out and my computer has run fine since. I do not know the voltage of my computer because I have not changed any of those types of settings since purchasing the computer. I have a Dell XPS Gen 5 with a 3.2 GHz processor. Please let me know what I need to do.

I tried what you said. I updated my BIOS, prepared a floppy to run Memory Test and pulled out the RAM that came with my system. I put just the two sticks of Corsair RAM in and turned on my computer. All I got was a beeping noise and the computer would not start up at all.

Archived