Corsair Community

P5B Deluxe and TWIN2X2048-6400

phatmastermatt

Alright, I'm a complete noob, but I've gotten this far anyway. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied, but I'd like things to be running at the best of their capabilities so I'm here to ask. I think you can check everything that I have in my computer through my profile but here's what I've got.

Asus P5B Deluxe/Wi-Fi AP

TWIN2X2048-6400

Ati Radeon x1900xt

Antec Truepower 2.0 550W

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Now, I have a couple questions.

1. The memory is apparently supposed to run at 800 mhz right? Well, CPU-Z says that it's running at 400mhz, and I guess timings have something to do with it. It says that it's running at 5-5-5-18. What should I do?

2. Asus' program AI Suite or whatever reports that my cpu is running at 1.6ghz or something, which I don't quite understand. Cpu-z says 2.4ghz...am I doing something wrong?

3. What are optimal temperatures and so forth?

4. The PC Probe tool that came with the motherboard reports that my power fan is running at 791 RPMs and it displays a little warning, but I think there was something about this mentioned in the instruction booklet. Should I be concerned? The case I have has a 25cm intake fan that cools off pretty much everything phenomenally (I think).

Anyway...if you guys could give me some suggestions that would be cool. I have the 507 bios for my motherboard and I believe everything is up to date. I'm pretty sure I constructed it correctly.

• Corsair Employees

1. The memory is apparently supposed to run at 800 mhz right? Well, CPU-Z says that it's running at 400mhz, and I guess timings have something to do with it. It says that it's running at 5-5-5-18. What should I do?

A: That would be correct DDR2-800 runs 400 MHz X 2 = DDR29=800!

2. Asus' program AI Suite or whatever reports that my cpu is running at 1.6ghz or something, which I don't quite understand. Cpu-z says 2.4ghz...am I doing something wrong?

A: Please contact the MB maker for more information!

3. What are optimal temperatures and so forth?

A: Please contact the MB maker for more information!

4. The PC Probe tool that came with the motherboard reports that my power fan is running at 791 RPMs and it displays a little warning, but I think there was something about this mentioned in the instruction booklet. Should I be concerned? The case I have has a 25cm intake fan that cools off pretty much everything phenomenally (I think).

A: Again, please contact the MB maker for more information!

Archived