Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 1GB Problem

Gandalf_mtb

Hi, i just bought a pendrive corsair 1Gb because i have very good references of this brand. But since yesterday (the pendrive has been used for a month) start with some problems, when I connect the pendrive on any PC with Win Xp Pro SP2 o Linux Debian, it say that has found a new hardware "PROLIFIC USB Drive" or something like that and I can´t see the think that I store in the pendrive, but sometimes it works great...

What can i do???

Gandalf MTB

Sorry for my english... I'm from Chile and I haven´t learn english....

• Corsair Employee

"With Windows" Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be having the same trouble as some people with my Flash Voyager.

When i connect my stick, im unable to read or write to it, it wont even create

a new folder on it.

When i right click on it and view its properties it says it has 0 gb's full and 0 gb's free.

Ive tried using both Windows and the cd to format it but to no avail.

At the moment im having to use my Mp3 player for all my work. Which isnt good.

The end has also become slightly wobbly, although at the moment its not very noticable..do you suggest i send it off like the other faulty ones?

Kal

:[pouts:

• Corsair Employee

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived