Corsair Community

1GB Flash Drive gone bad

Warfare

Dear Corsair Support,

I have had ongoing issues with my 1GB Flash Voyager for months.

It gives write errors and I imply caanot retrieve data or save anything on the drive.

I have tried all the conventional and recommended steps such as

Reinstalling the drivers,

Uninstalling both voyager software and the USB device from Device Manager.

Running Corsair EzRecover

Formatting the drive usifn FAT32

Carrying out same steps on multiple workstations

I have given up trying out everything on this forum and reading FAQs. I have even tried accessing it under Linux but to no avail.

I would like to apply for an RMA and get a product that WORKS as this one went faulty after few months of use and I was too busy with exams and work to try and get it to work or get support for it. Now I am done with exams I would like this issue resolved before the university resumes again at the end of this month.

I don't know how to get the serial number for this product. I have purchased it from http://www.dabs.com which is an online reseller.

Name: USB Mass Storage Device (USB2.0)

VID&PID: Vid_067b&Pid_2517

Speed: high speed

VendorID: Corsair

ProductID: Flash Voyager

Product Revision: 1.00

Vendor Description: Prolific Technology Inc.

Product Description: USB Mass Storage Device

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

I have tried to obtain an RMA number

I have used 2 different browsers on 2 different machines but after filling in the form and submitting it i get an error

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Customer Service at 888-222-4346 and they will help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays! Or you can send them and email along with the module part# and your name address and phone number to rma@corsairmemory.com

Archived